This week we challenge you to download and texture this suitcase, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #SuitcaseChallenge.
- Please only download the .obj version of the model to work with, we’d had some issues with the gltf conversion.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is not allowed in this challenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SuitcaseChallenge.
- Credit the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History for their model and Romullus for the retopology and UV unwrapping in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this markdown code:
Based on "[Suitcase](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/suitcase-90f9619a6ce44c949bd6df2b77cdcacd)" by [Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History](https://sketchfab.com/santacruzmah), and "[Vintage Suitcase](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/vintage-suitcase-4097027ee5e246579cf80a23aab1522c)" by [Romullus](https://sketchfab.com/romullus), and downloaded from "[#SuitcaseChallenge Texturing Challenge Model](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/suitcasechallenge-texturing-challenge-model-c31368508079483b9cf0cb7a540b1329)" by [Abby Crawford](https://sketchfab.com/abbyec) licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, August 26 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Marla Novo, Archives and Collections Catalyst at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History
- Romullus, 3D Artist
- Rik van den Biggelaar, Phil Gosch, Mieke Roth, Geoffrey Marchal, VRHuman, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SuitcaseChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property rights as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, August 30.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.