As we stagger closer to the most ghoulish of nights – Halloween – we turn a corner into a dark alley and see…a clay colored zombie. Huh. Usually they’re a little gross and gory, but this one is just…beige? Looks like he needs your magical texturing skills to really shine – or exude his hungry-for-brains, stink of the undead aura. This week we challenge you to bring this zombie to life by giving it a killer texture.
UPDATE: Winner – Da BONE MACHINE!!! by toomanydemons
TL;DR: Texture this zombie using your favorite texturing workflow, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #ZombieChallenge. Be sure to credit Doug Silva 3D and link to his model.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is allowed but remember: you will be judged primarily on your texturing skills.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ZombieChallenge.
- Credit Doug Silva 3D for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Zombie Bone Machine](https://sketchfab.com/models/c4b6723e68cf4bf7810cf4523290d9e4)" by [Doug Silva 3D](https://sketchfab.com/soldierfernandes), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 29th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Mieke Roth, Rik van den Biggelaar, Phil Gosch, Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- Paul, Sketchfab Artist Evangelist
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ZombieChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, November 2nd.