Welcome to Sketchfab Weekly! With a different topic each week, your mission is to test your creativity and perseverance by working on as many of these prompts as you can. It’s an opportunity to challenge yourself as an artist and make creativity a habit.
Whenever you create a new model, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge2023.
How to participate
- Use any tool and workflow you like to create your models. The models can be static or animated.
- Once you’ve created your models, upload them to Sketchfab, tag them #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge2023. Provide titles and brief descriptions for each of your uploads.
- Submit only new work.
- Use the #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge2023 hashtag if you want to share your submissions on social media.
SKETCHFAB WEEKLY SUBMISSION TERMS
You must be 18 years or older to participate.
By submitting a model, art, and/or other content (“Art”) as part of the Sketchfab Weekly challenge (“Challenge”), you agree to abide by these submission terms (“Submission Terms”). Challenge is void where prohibited by law. Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Between January 2, 2023 at 12:01am New York Eastern Time (“ET”) and January 1, 2024 at 11:59pm ET (“Submission Period”), you can upload your Art on Sketchfab.com (“Challenge Page”) using #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge2023. Art must relate to the weekly topics provided by Sketchfab. If you do not have a Sketchfab account, establishing an account is free. All applicable platform terms apply. There is no limit on the number of Art submissions you can make; however, each Art submission must be submitted separately and must be substantially different than any other Art submitted by you, as determined by Sketchfab in its sole discretion. Sketchfab is under no obligation to use any Art submitted through this Challenge. You understand that if your Art is submitted it may be displayed in a Sketchfab tag gallery.
ART RESTRICTIONS: Art may not contain, and you hereby represent and warrant that it does not contain, any content that:
- infringes upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; obscene or offensive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group; endorses or endorses any form of hate or hate group; profane;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sketchfab, its products or services or other people or companies, including Sketchfab’s competitors;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, lyrics, dialogue), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains the names of any person, or otherwise identifies any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sketchfab wishes to associate; and/or
- violates any law, rule or regulation.
If any Art contains any of the above prohibited content, as determined by Sketchfab in its sole discretion, or for any other reason, Sketchfab may remove the Art from its platform.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: Sketchfab does not claim ownership rights in or to any Art. By submitting Art, you agree and hereby grant to Sketchfab and its designees, successors, licensees and assigns (collectively, “Licensed Parties”) a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the duration of protection of the rights where perpetuity is void), fully paid-up, and royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, and display such Art in whole or in part, with or without identification of the entrant or any authors of the Art, in whatever form and in whatever circumstances Sketchfab sees fit, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed but for Colombian, Greek and Spanish participants, in any medium known at the time when such rights were granted, for any promotional or marketing purposes and entrant consents to doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Art which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights, to the fullest extent permitted by law. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use by third parties. Sketchfab has no obligation to make use of the rights set forth herein.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: By submitting Art, you agree to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Sketchfab, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind (including, without limitation, arising from claims based upon copyright infringement, trademark infringement, invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Challenge and/or the use of any Art by Sketchfab or any other Released Party.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Art or notifications; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Challenge, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Challenge or in any Challenge-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Challenge or downloading materials from or use of the Challenge Page or platform. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Challenge, Challenge Page or platform, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Submission Terms, as solely determined by Sketchfab, will be disqualified. Sketchfab reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Challenge at any time and for any reason. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SKETCHFAB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.