We are pleased to announce that Smart 3D Scan, a 3D scanning app for select iOS devices, now supports direct export to Sketchfab.
Smart 3D Scan allows users to capture physical objects in 3D using TrueDepth cameras and LiDAR sensors. Models can be exported in OBJ, glTF, or STL formats or uploaded directly to Sketchfab for easy sharing and conversion.
3D capturing mode with the iOS LiDAR Scanner operates only on the following mobile devices: iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and iPad Pro 2020 and iPad Pro 2021. 3D capturing mode with the iOS TrueDepth camera is available on the iPhone Х and later.
How to export to Sketchfab
- Scan your object by pressing the START/STOP button.
- Create a texture by pressing the cube button on the left.
- Once you have a model that you are happy with, press the Export button.
- Toggle on ‘Upload to Sketchfab’.
- Press Export again and follow the prompts to log in to your Sketchfab account.
To see all apps that offer direct export to Sketchfab, check out our Exporters page.