We are pleased to announce that Virtual Maker, a browser-based tool for creating interactive 3D and VR scenes, now supports the import of Sketchfab models directly into the app.
Virtual Maker offers an in-browser 3D web editor that provides backgrounds, navigation tools, and more to its users. Completed scenes can be easily published for use on numerous devices and platforms. Now, users can import free, Creative Commons-licensed models directly from Sketchfab.
How to import models into Virtual Maker from Sketchfab
- Create or open a Virtual Maker project.
- Click on the ‘Insert Model’ button.
- Search and browse for a model to suit your needs.
- To view a model on Sketchfab, click the new window icon (a square with a diagonal arrow point out of it) in the bottom right corner of the model card.
- To add a model to your Virtual Maker scene, select the model and click the ‘Insert’ button at the bottom right corner of the popup window.
- At this point, you will be prompted to log in to Sketchfab if you have not already. If you do not yet have a Sketchfab account, sign up for free. Once you have signed in, click Insert again.
- Move, rotate, and scale the model within your Virtual Maker scene.
To see all apps that offer direct import from Sketchfab, check out our Importers page.