This week’s release focuses mainly on bugfixes. We managed to solve quite a number of minor annoyances with our file importers, improved some usability issues and gave the blog a better place in the navigation.
Oh, and as a bonus we added a new HDRI map to the model environments! (You’ll see it in action in the embed below)
- In the editor, pressing SPACE will reset the camera.
- When browsing a folder, we now display the folder title at the top of the page.
- Browsing to the next page in a folder was broken.
- In some cases, the space bar would no longer respond when editing a description.
- Speedup of our homepage.
- We added the blog to the top navigation bar and re-tagged all content to make it more easy to browse.
- Added a new environment map ‘studio_mestaty’ which is great for creating a studio lighting environment for shiny objects.
- Our 3DS file importer had issues with some edge cases that would cause geometry to break.
- We fixed some issues in our FBX importer.
- We fixed some issues in our Wavefront importer.
- We fixed some issues in our STL importer.
- PLY files now support quads.
- We fixed some issues with texture-mapping in KMZ and DAE files.