Enter the contest to try to win Sony’s new Spatial Reality Display
First Place: Reap the Whirlwind by TooManyDemons
Runner-up: Roo-Bot by Phil Rivera
Runner-up: Sony Robot Challenge – Lucky Cat Chop House by joshopel
We’ve teamed up with challenge prize provider Sony Electronics Inc. on this robot modeling challenge, which aims to take your artistic talent and technical skill to their limits. We want to see robots that are innovative, futuristic, and unique.
To enter, just upload your model to Sketchfab and tag it #SonyRobotChallenge. The grand prize winner will receive Sony’s new Spatial Reality Display!
Note: This challenge is only open to residents of the United States and Canada (excl. Quebec).
Sony’s Spatial Reality Display
Using spatial reality to combine the virtual and physical world, the Spatial Reality Display creates an incredible 3D optical experience that is viewable to the naked eye. This cutting-edge 3D visual technology of the SR Display delivers a futuristic, yet highly practical visual experience, where detailed colors, textures, contrasts, and brightness fuse, to form a new medium for image, character, and product design and visualization.
How to Enter
- Create a 3D model of an innovative, futuristic robot.
- If you base your entry on existing concept art, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SonyRobotChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, March 1, 2021 (23:59 New York time, EST)
- Note: This challenge is only open to residents of the United States and Canada (excl. Quebec).
Entries will be judged on quality, creativity, presentation, adherence to the challenge theme, and effective use of Sketchfab viewer settings.
Grand Prize (one winner)
- Sony’s Spatial Reality Display (model ELF-SR1, $4999.99 value)
- Framed art print of the winning 3D model
- $100 Amazon gift card
- 12 months of Sketchfab Plus
Runners Up (two winners)
- Sony’s Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones (model WH-1000XM4, $299.99 value)
- $50 Amazon gift card
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus
- Nick Colsey, VP of Business Development at Sony Electronics, Inc.
- Pierre-Antoine Passet, Co-founder and CPO of Sketchfab
- Cédric Pinson, Co-founder and CTO of Sketchfab
- Avtandil Chachibaia, Head of the Sketchfab Store
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- Contestants must be residents of the United States or Canada.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families or Sony employees.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SonyRobotChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property rights as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, March 12, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. “Sketchfab 3D Robot Modeling Challenge Contest”. Open to legal residents of 50 U.S. / D.C. and Canada (excl. Quebec), 18+ (AL and NE, 19+) at time of entry. 02/01/21-03/01/21. See Official Rules, including prizes, entry instructions, and odds of winning at https://sketchfab.com/blogs/sony-challenge/. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. Sponsor: Sketchfab Inc., 1123 Broadway, Ste. 501, NY, NY 10010. View official contest rules.