For many of us, children’s storybooks were our first encounters with art. These cherished books are the inspiration for this month’s challenge. To enter, model and hand-paint a storybook scene, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #StorybookChallenge.
XP-PEN has been a professional and reliable supplier of graphics tablets for more than a decade and is now doing business in more than 100 countries worldwide.
No matter whether you are a professional designer, illustrator, or digital art hobbyist, you can always find an XP-PEN product that suits you well.
They recently released a brand new 4K tablet. Learn more about it here.
- XP-PEN Artist 22 2nd Gen Graphics Tablet
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- A framed art print of the winning entry
- 12 months of Sketchfab Plus
- XP-PEN Deco Pro S Graphics Tablet
- $50 Amazon gift card
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus
- XP-Pen Deco Fun S Graphics Tablet
- $25 Amazon gift card
- 3 months of Sketchfab Plus
RULES, JUDGES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Use your favorite software and workflow to create (or recreate) a storybook scene.
- Entries must be hand-painted.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Once you’ve created your model, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #StorybookChallenge.
- The submission deadline is Monday, July 26, 2021 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
Entries will be judged on quality, creativity, presentation, adherence to the contest theme, and effective use of Sketchfab 3D viewer settings.
- Jasmin Habezai-Fekri, Sketchfab Master
- Vare Lin, Illustrator at XP-Pen
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Community Team
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #StorybookChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, July 30, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.
This site features the 3D model:
Summer Color! (Zoe Persico’s Illustration) by /zale