19th-Century Gothic Folly, Cottingham
“Thompson’s Folly” was built in 1825 by Thomas Thompson within the grounds of his grand castellated house, Cottingham Castle near Hull. Cottingham Castle was left as a derelict site after Thompson’s death in 1828 and a subsequent fire in May 1861. The folly is in the octagonal tower form featuring neo-gothic windows and is two-storeys tall. The style highly resembles Cottingham Castle itself. Built as a prospect tower, it stands on the highest point of the estate which at present is the grounds of Castle Hill Hospital.
Created using polygon modelling in Blender (personal project).