Loading 3D model
Kite Town: A Mobile VR Experience
A modular scene purposely built and optimized for mobile VR with Sketchfab and a Google Cardboard or similar headset.
Click the googles icon to enter VR on your mobile device and teleport around the scene. Have fun!
Some tips / things I learned:
- Kept vertex count around 50K.
- Kept animated bones to a minmum.
- Used environmental lighting but no lamps.
- No post-processing effects.
- Kept materials to a minimum. Scene uses 5 - skybox, clouds, environmental assets, house assets, waterfalls.
- Used “Billboards” and albedo color shifts to suggest fogged distant detail while keeping vertex counts to a minimum.
- Merged geometry sharing common materials before final export.
- Merged the majority of UVs into two 2K texture atlases (house and environmental).
- Just one 2K Normal map used for the house assets.
For a slightly more elaborate version of the scene with HQ textures, lighting and post-effects for desktop VR headsets, click here.