I’ve had the pleasure of animating George’s art in 2D in the past when the company I was working for contracted him for some character designs, so I’ve been keeping tabs on his charming work since then. A few days ago, he posted this turnaround to Twitter with an invitation for anyone to have a crack at modeling it. I’ve always thought George’s work would translate well into 3D and figured it would be a fun little project, so I gave it a shot!
Excuse the boring T-pose for now, since I modeled it with riggability in mind and may rig it up and do a simple animation if I get the time and the mood strikes me. Also note that the fake toon outline technique I used bloats the supposed poly count.