Loading 3D model
Forton Lake Steam Pinnace 704
Royal Navy Pinnace 704 was built in 1915 , and was 50 feet long. Pinnances were jack-of-all-trades small vessels, often used to carry personnel or light stores within harbours, between ships, or from ship to shore. Sometimes they were also used as gunboats.
RN Pinnace 704 was stationed in Royal Clarence Victualling yard in Gosport during the First World War; she was still there in 1947. By the 1970s, 704 had been disposed of and come to rest in Forton Lake, Gosport, where her structure has deteriorated dramatically. All that can be seen of 704 today are a few sections of her lower hull and her prominent boiler.
Research by Peter Crick.