Inscribed object, St Just Church
An inscribed object from St Just in Penwith parish church. Possibly a holy water font or stoup, or a basin (lavatorium?).
The inscription appears to have been added later. It reads “D. T. B. 173 (6)” - the numeral 6 is above the numeral 3, as if this is the date 1736, but the carver ran out of room.
Perhaps this is an older item from the church reused as a memorial stone?
NB - This is a “rough and ready” capture using an iPhone with minimal editing. It is also tricky to physically access, being sandwiched between the inscribed “Selus” stone and a wayside cross head.
Viewing the model with the Matcap shader allows better viewing of the inscription. Click the cog icon on the lower right of the model, then click “Rendering” then select “Matcap”.