3D scan of the "Anio" by Yitzhak Marmelstein
The Quattro Fontane (the Four Fountains) are dated to the Late Renaissance. The fountains located at the intersection of Via delle Quattro Fontane and Via del Quirinale in Rome. They were commissioned by Pope Sixtus V, and were installed between 1588 and 1593. The above figure represents the River Aniene (Anio), a tributary of the Tiber that no doubt provided most Roman aqueducts with water. Pope Sixtus proposed to build a canal to bring the water of the Aniene to Rome this is probably the reason for this commission.