Look Up Project
LookUp is an exciting new project to celebrate Leigh's built heritage.
Our project has identified a series of 12 architectural highlights which include:
* Representations of the 12th century families who brought the townships together
* Animals such as boars, seahorses and bulls
* Mythical creatures like the ‘green men’ and dragons
* A public sculpture by the world famous artist who designed the Egyptian room at Harrods
* One of Leigh's oldest pub names, dating as far back as 1753
These have been presented as part of a walking trail and will be highlighted by vinyl stickers on the street to attract attention and inspire more people to look up!