We are pleased to announce that PlayCanvas, a tool for building interactive web content, now supports the import of Sketchfab models directly into the platform.
PlayCanvas allows users to create a variety of digital experiences, from games to product configurators, and their browser-based tools allow for real-time version control and collaboration between team members. The new integration with Sketchfab allows users to easily import any of over a million Creative Commons-licensed models directly into their projects. All assets can be viewed in the Editor’s Inspector, where Author and License information is displayed. This authorship information is embedded with the asset and will be retained if the project is forked (copied).
PlayCanvas works on any device with a web browser.
How to import models into PlayCanvas from Sketchfab
- Within the PlayCanvas Editor, click on Asset Store in the menu bar of the Assets pane.
- In the Asset Store popup, choose Sketchfab from the navigation menu on the left.
- Use the Search bar to find what you’re looking for.
- Click on the asset that you want to add to your project, inspect it to make sure that it’s what you’re looking for, and select the Import button in the top right corner of the popup.
- At this stage, you may be prompted to log in to your Sketchfab account. Click the Sign up or Log in button and you will be guided through the process. Once logged in, you can press the import button once more to bring the asset into your scene.
- The imported asset is now part of your project!