Say hello to Ambient Occlusion
We just released Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), a rendering technique to improve shading, and thus offer a better perception of a 3D shape.
You can now fine tune it directly from the edit panel of the viewer:
- SSAO quality: number of samples to compute the occlusion
- Radius: maximum distance at which occlusion occurs.
- Strength: high value means darker occlusion
- Angles threshold: try it 🙂
- Blur quality: number of pixels used
- Blur pixel distance: distance between each pixel used
Here are two video demos of how it works:
Along with this release, we added the “like” feature, and you can now mark your favorite models. The like button is on the control bar of the viewer.