You’ve never played Minecraft like this before. E3 2015 was brimming with cool demos, but the Microsoft HoloLens demo was a total game changer. It’s so cool to see a regular table become a fully immersive Minecraft world! The article may be in French, but don’t let that stop you from seeing the awesome demo for yourself (in English), and checking out the HoloLens headset! As official partners with HoloLens, it’s only fitting that you can check out the headset too.
Other cool embeds:
- Blizzard character artist Yekaterina Bourykina sculpted some awesome World of Warcraft Paladin fan art. See how she created the holy warrior on the Sketchfab blog.
- Back in April, Sketchfab and World of Tanks set the stage for a battle of epic proportions. In the contest for best World of Tanks 3D diorama, only one model would emerge victorious. And the results are in! Congratulations to maxypants2010, Christophe Scherrer, and Rober Digiorge for winning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, respectively. Tons of talented artists entered the competition — check out all of their cool entries.
- Qingdao, China is getting a beautiful new building to go with its dramatic mountainous landscape. If you can’t make it to the Tsingtao Pearl Visitor Centre in person, then take a virtual tour here with plenty of annotations.
We’re highlighting two cool crowdfunding campaigns this week:
- Drop will make sure your pool water is always balanced and will send alerts if it detects anormal movement in your pool. A great piece of hardware now on Kickstarter!
- It’s your last chance to support HoneyPoint3D who is on a mission to make Meshmixer easier to use. With the blessing of Autodesk, they’re publishing a full online course of tutorials. They’ve already shared one tutorial for Meshmixer in our Help Center, so they have our full support!