Ooh, the smell of diesel in the morning! I’m already looking forward to taking my jet-train to work today.
We’ve seen a strong interest in dieselpunk over the last few months and for this week’s challenge we want you to design your most outlandish diesel-powered contraptions.
Update: the winner is Dieselpunk Duo by patdunal!
TL;DR Create a low poly dieselpunk scene, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #LowpolyDieselpunk.
- Design any Dieselpunk scene, character or prop in a low-poly style.
- Stay under 25k triangles.
- Texturing is allowed.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #LowpolyDieselpunk.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Wednesday, April 4 (23:59 New York time – EDT).
- Sketchfab Masters: Mieke Roth, NomadKing and Kevin Cayuela Borg.
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team.
- $100 Amazon Voucher
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
- The chance to get your work Staff Picked
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #LowpolyDieselpunk to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Monday, April 9th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.