This week we challenge you to be inspired by a piece of concept art and reimagine it in your 3D art style. The concept art this time around is Juan Pablo Machado‘s Lo-Fi Study Girl, created for ChilledCow’s YouTube channel. Creatively translate it to your unique style, give it new details, show us what you can do.
UPDATE: Winner – Blade Runner Study Girl by volttema
Note: Your submission does not have to be animated
- Interpret Juan Pablo Machado’s concept art in your own 3D style.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #StudyGirlChallenge.
- Credit Juan Pablo Machado in your model description, and add a link back to his original art by adding this markdown code:
Based on "[ChilledCow Study Girl](https://youtu.be/5qap5aO4i9A)" by [Juan Pablo Machado](http://jpmachado.art/).
- Submission deadline is Monday, November 9, 2020 (23:59 New York time, EST)
- Mieke Roth, CurlsCurly, NomadKing, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Chris Schoch, and Phil Gosch, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
- $50 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus
- A framed art print of the winning entry
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #StudyGirlChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property rights as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, November 13, 2020.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.