Adjust your trucks, axel nuts and check your bearings – it’s time to add some style to your deck in this week’s texturing challenge. Just download Johnson Martin’s Skateboard model, texture it using your preferred texturing workflow, upload it to Sketchfab making sure to credit Johnson Martin, and tag it #SkateboardChallenge.
UPDATE: Winner – Skateboard #SkateboardChallenge by spliter
TL;DR: Texture this skateboard using your preferred workflow, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SkateboardChallenge. Be sure to credit Johnson Martin and link to his model.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is allowed but remember: you will be judged primarily on your texturing skills.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SkateboardChallenge.
- Credit Johnson Martin for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this markdown code:
Based on "[Skateboard (Sketchfab Texturing Challenge)](https://sketchfab.com/models/cc02ca24d04147e29c0942830f74affc)" by [Johnson Martin](https://sketchfab.com/Johnson-Martin), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, December 3rd (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Ian Pretorius, Phil Gosch, Mieke Roth, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SkateboardChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, December 7th.