Tour your own photos in the Louvre museum or an art gallery. With Instamuseum you’ll create your own 3D gallery in just minutes. You can share it with your friends and explore it in VR!
Here’s how you create your own Instamuseum:
- Visit Instamuseum.com and enter a Instagram username.
- Select an environment to use (for now we have The Louvre, Art Gallery, Wall and Cube, but more will follow).
- Sign in to your Sketchfab account, or create one – it only takes 10 seconds.
- Wait a few minutes while we grab your pictures, frame them, and hang them on your virtual walls.
- Your Instamuseum will appear and you can start exploring it!
- BONUS: Use the 3D Settings to change the color of the walls, add lighting and post processing effects, and adjust the VR settings.
Are you pleased with the result? Then share it with your friends with the social media buttons below your model. Facebook supports Sketchfab, and your friends will see your gallery right in their news feeds.
And if you have a VR headset or a Cardboard VR viewer, just click the VR button and enjoy your Instamuseum in full, immersive 3D! (Read more about our VR support here).
About this project
Here at we Sketchfab we love it when people use our technology in unexpected ways (check out these cool projects!). That is why we created an open system that allows everyone to write apps on top of our platform. So when Sylvain Zimmer came to us with an idea to automagically convert Instagram VR galleries into 3D environments, we were game!
If you’re interested in how this works, the entire project is open source. You can grab the code from GitHub and study how this was done, read our developers documentation and build your own app. If you need support you can turn to our Development and API forum – we’ll be happy to help you out! Let us know if you’ve made something cool, we’d love to share it 🙂