Loading 3D model
76 mm cannon on the wreck of V-5706 Ostmark 3D Model
V-5706 Ostmark was built at Akers Mekaniske Verksted in 1925 as a whaling boat under the name D/S Treff. Before the war she was requisitioned by the Norwegian marine and used as a patrol boat.
After the invasion in 1940 the Germans mounted a 76 mm cannon on the foredeck and equipped her with depth charges. She was renamed to V-5706 Ostmark. In June 1941 drunk German sailors ran the ship ashore on the Nessaskjæret in close to Linesøya in Trøndelag.
See http://dykkepedia.com/wiki/V_5706 for more details about the wreck.