Chain of Office Pendant, Trinity HouseYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
This is the pendant from the Leith Provost chain of office made of 9ct gold and blue enamel.
Leith became a separate Municipal Burgh on 1 November 1833, with its own provost, magistrates, and council. Made in 1901, the chain of office was only worn by three Provosts of Leith, becoming redundant when Leith merged with Edinburgh in 1920.
Suspended from the chain is this pendant of the Leith Dock Commission, who took over the management of Leith Docks from Edinburgh City Council in 1826. The Masters of Trinity House had representatives on this body.
The chain continues to be worn on special occasions by the Master of Trinity House.
For more information on visiting Trinity House, go to our website.
440 x 310 x 104mm
TRH204 | Rae Project