Montenero Sabino is a commune (municipality) in the Province of Rieti in the Italian region Latium, located about 50 kilometres northeast of Rome and about 14 kilometers southwest of Rieti. Among the landmarks in the town is the psrish church of San Cataldo. The church is at the opposite end of the Orsini Castle, in the lower part of the village. Build in the 15th century presumably at the behest of the Orsini, it was almost radically restored in 1735, to the detriment of the original structure of which the right side and some internal spaces remain. Externally it has a sloping façade with a gabled profile composed of two inverted arches, two orders and a wooden entrance portal inserted in a stone portal with a blind lunette. The bell tower, not very high compared to the church, has two series of single lancet windows.