© 2018 Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery Trust.
A dedication slab on sandstone found at Netherby, Carlisle and has been dated to A.D. 222.
Translation: for the Emperor Caesar Marcus Aurelius Severus Alexander Pius Felix Augustus, pontifex maximus, with tribunician power, consul father of his country, the First Aelian Cohort of Spaniards, one thousand strong, part mounted, devoted to his Deity and majesty, built a cavalry drill hall, long since begun from the ground, and completed it under charge of Marius Valerianus Salvius, tribune of this cohort in the consulship of our Lord the Emperor Severus Alexander Pius Felix Augustus.
The object is currently not on display. Accession Number: CALMG : 1889.130.1892.13.