Druskininkai Church of Saint Mary’s Scapular3D Model
Neo gothic Druskininkai Church of Saint Mary’s Scapular slightly reminds a castle of childhood tales.
This spacious Church was completed in 1931, the architect – Stefan Szyller, a Pole. His project was finished much earlier, as construction works had been launched even in 1912. Interestingly, the new Church construction started before demolishing the old smaller one that had occupied the same area and had been built in the mid-19th century. The old Church stood inside the new one during masonry works on the new Church walls. The walls of the old Church used to hear organ music played by Konstantinas Čiurlionis, the father of Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis. People remember that there were times when the son, a man of genius, was a substitute for the father.
© Saulius Zaura www.dronepartner.lt 2021