Gavel casket made using timber from the former Lister Ward of the Glasgow Royal Infirmary (demolished 1924). An illustration of the original GRI building (demolished 1912) carved on the front. The handles on the sides are carved with the emblem and motto of the GRI. Emblem and motto of Clan Jardine carved on the back. Photograph inside the lid of Andrew and William Brown. Box contains hammer from Macewen’s theatre (object number 455) and Royal Faculty anniversary gavel (object number 456).