Geàrraidh Fliuch - farmhouse 2Your model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Geàrraidh Fliuch is a pre-Clearnce township, cleared and demolished in around 1828 to use its land, and that of several other nearby settlements, for the use by sheep. The township’s land allocation, over 1,000 acres, ran coast to coast, from the Atlantic to Loch Skipport to the North of Beinn an Tairbeirt.
This farmstead footing is all that remains of a late mediaeval black house in the south-east part of the township close to the boundary at Loch Drimor.The main settlement area can be found to the West of Ruabhal below the Lorimer’s Lady of the Isles statue and modern Uist’s main North-South road.
A 1 Metre red-white ranging pole is aligned North-South