Great Kiva: Lowry Pueblo Nat'l Hist. LandmarkYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Lowry Pueblo National Historic Landmark in Canyons of the Ancients National Monument is an Ancestral Puebloan surface village constructed and utilized during the late Pueblo II and early Pueblo III periods (AD 1085 to 1240).
The core and veneer masonry at the site is predominately flaked-and-pecked blocky sandstone, wet-laid in local clay mortar. Construction characteristics evince some association with the Chaco-style developed in Northern New Mexico, demonstrating at least cursory connections between these two important cultural areas during the middle of the 12th Century. The site consists of 39 masonry surface rooms, seven masonry kivas, a cylindrical masonry tower, and separate masonry Great Kiva. This Great Kiva appears to have been the civic focal point for the surrounding community, which consists of over 40 additional contemporaneous structures within a one square mile area.