Loading 3D model
Jan Kilinsky Monument
The monument was sculpted by Stanislaw Jackowski. It was unveiled on 19th of April 1936 and positioned on Krasiński Square. During Second World War it was removed and partially damaged, to be placed in a new location on 3rd May Avenue.
Its present location on Podwale Street was chosen in 1959. The monument commemorates Jan Kiliński, an Old Town shoemaker, who became famous after his heroic act during Kosciuszko Uprising. He overran the seat of the Russian tsar’s ambassador and was promoted by General Tadeusz Kosciuszko to the rank of the colonel of the Polish Army.