Loading 3D model
Medieval castle, byzantine church and buildings 3D Model
The castle is near the village of Geraki, Greece. It was founded in 1209 by the Frankish baron Guy de Nivelet. After the Franks were defeated in the battle of Pelagonia in 1259, the castle was given over to the Greeks in 1262.
The church of St. George and remains of urban buildings are preserved inside the castle, while ruins of buildings and churches have survived outside the fortified area. At the end of the 17th century the castle was captured by the Venetians, in 1715 it was occupied by the Turks, and it was finally abandoned at the end of the 18th century. For more details see: http://www.gtp.gr/TDirectoryDetails.asp?ID=14611