1560-1580 Northern Italian
A rapier with Norman Type 72 hilt composed of a mushroom shaped pommel chased with vertical ribs and grooves. The grip is finely wound in twisted wire over an oval base with two groves in the face aligned with the flat of the blade. The thick ricasso is stamped with a tower mark encircled by two concentric ovals with the inscription ANTONIO and a quatrefoil of circles in between. This may well be an earlier form of the mark used by Antonio Picinino 1509-89 of Milan.
- Overall Length : 46.89 in | 1190.8 mm
- Blade Length from front of guard: 39.4 in | 1000.79 mm
- Blade Width (@ Guard): 1.26 in | 32.0 mm
- Grip Length : 3.10 in | 78.65 mm
- Center of Mass (from Guard) : 1.25 in | 31.9 mm