Vertices: 219.5kMore model information
2200 satellites orbits and 67000 flight routes visualized in 3D 🛰️✈️ !
- Orbits are correctly scaled.
- Maximum airplanes altitude is overly exaggerated (by a factor of ~300).
- I’d advice you to visit the Europen Space Agency (ESA) website to understand the different types of orbits, and learn why the ISS orbits around Earth in ~1h40 or why your satellite dish needs to be precisely calibrated.
- Dark blue: Communications
- Light blue: Earth Observation (optical, radar, meteo…)
- Red/Orange: Positioning systems (GPS, Galileo, BeiDou…)
- Green: R&D and Space science
- Orbits: https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/satellite-database
- Airports and routes: https://github.com/jpatokal/openflights/
- Landmask/borders: http://www.shadedrelief.com/natural3/pages/extra.html
Note: Randomizing orbits Z-rotation (more realistic) looks like:
CC AttributionCreative Commons Attribution