Pažaislio vienuolynas / Pažaislis Monastery3D Model
Pažaislis Monastery and the Church of the Visitation - largest monastery complex in Lithuania, and the most magnificent example of Italian Baroque architecture in the country. Church of the Visitation is the most marble-decorated Baroque church of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. It is situated in the Petrašiūnai elderate of Kaunas. Founded in 1662 by nobleman of Grand Duchy of Lithuania and Great Chancellor of Lithuania, Krzysztof Zygmunt Pac, for the Order of the Camaldolese Hermits, the main construction continued until 1674 and resumed in 1712. The monastery was designed by Pietro Puttini, Carlo Puttini and Giovanni Battista Frediani. Exclusive architectural solutions were used for the first time in Europe: a hexagonal church plan, and a concave facade. The interior stucco work is ascribed to Joan Merli and the frescos to Michelangelo Palloni.
The complex is the winner of the 2020 EUFCN (https://eufcn.com/) Location Award.
Aerial photogrammetry capture © Saulius Zaura www.dronepartner.lt #RealityCapture