“Burns resting from the plough” (1840), a statue of Robert Burns by Carluke sculptor Robert Forrest (1790-1852). It belongs to Carluke Parish Historical Society (Carluke, South Lanarkshire, Scotland).
The sculpture depicts poet Robert Burns with the garments of the Scottish Lowland peasantry. It is made of sandstone from Binny Quarry near Uphall, and was acquired by the Carluke Parish Historical Society in 2017, after being in private hands for over a century.
Spectrum Heritage worked in the conservation of this statue, which involved the removal of soil and biological growth, consolidation, and mortar repairs. This 3D models documents the state of the statue before and after its conservation.