Singleton Abbey c.1880Your model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
This is a digital recreation of how Singleton Abbey would have appeared in the 1880s.
Singleton Abbey is a large, mainly 19th-century Grade II Listed mansion. Today, the building is used to house administration offices for Swansea University. They can be found at the eastern end of the Swansea University Singleton Park campus.
The nucleus of the house is a neo-classical villa, octagonal in plan, erected in 1784 under the name of Marino by Edward King, a customs official. In 1817 this was bought by the industrialist John Henry Vivian, who added rectangular one-bay extensions to either side. In 1823 Vivian commissioned the architect P. F. Robinson to re-model the house in the neo-gothic style. Work started in 1827, and a decade later Robinson published Domestic Architecture in the Tudor Style, a monograph in all but name on Singleton Abbey. The house then served as residence of the Vivian family for many years before its sale to the Swansea Corporation.
Model created by Steve Littlejohns