Made in collaboration with drone specialist Marek Jehlička www.skyworker.cz
Special thanks The National Museum of the Czech Republic https://www.nm.cz
After the First World War, the activities of the Association for the Construction of Jan Žižka’s Monument in Žižkov were renewed. As early as June 1920 the cornerstone was laid in the presence of President T. G. Masaryk.
The monument was eventually commissioned in 1931 from sculptor Bohumil Kafka, a professor at Prague’s Academy of Visual Arts, outside the tender. The sculpture was intended to be monumental and realistic. It took Kafka ten years to complete the sculpture, and an advisory board of nine people was established to supervise his work, consisting of specialists, historians and hippologists. For this job, Bohumil Kafka had a new studio built in Ořechovka, Prague, 27m high and 18m wide.