The Western High Gate of Medinet Habu
The Western High Gate of Medinet Habu is located in Luxor, Egypt, on the west bank of the Nile and is one of two fortified gates in the great girdle wall that surrounds the Medinet Habu temple complex. It was first investigated and recorded in 1931/32 by Uvo Hölscher during the 5th campaign of the University of Chicago’s Oriental Institute.
This 3D documentation and model was undertaken as part of the 2015/16 Epigraphic Survey Project (Chicago House) and can be seen as a continuation of Hölscher’s explorations and conclusions, serving as the best means of thoroughly documenting the area before further excavations. It is approximately 1ha in area.
Low poly render built with Agisoft Photoscan