Windsor Ruins - Port Gibson, MSYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Windsor Plantation was built for Smith Coffee Daniell II in 1861. The house, one of the largest private residences in the state before the Civil War, was constructed near the town of Bruinsburg, where Union soldiers crossed the Mississippi River and to begin their attack on Vicksburg. In 1890, a fire destroyed the residence but left standing its twenty-nine enormous columns.
Windsor Ruins was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971, acquired by MDAH in 1974, and designated a Mississippi Landmark in 1985.