As we wade deeper into October, we see a light flickering in the distance. With our feet sinking into the bog, sticking hard with each step, we see what looks like a disembodied head with glowing eyes! But, wait, it’s just a jack-o’-lantern. Phew. But who left it here? Far from civilization, stuck knee-deep in a bog, there’s only one thing to be done: make a 3D scan of the glowing gourd.
UPDATE: Winner – Jack o’ lantern by threedex
TL;DR: 3D scan a jack-o’-lantern using your preferred tools and software, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #JackOLanternChallenge.
- Scan a jack-o’-lantern with your preferred scanning workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #JackOLanternChallenge.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 22nd (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Mieke Roth, Geoffrey Marchal, Phil Gosch, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- Paul, Sketchfab Artist Evangelist
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #JackOLanternChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, October 26th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.