We’re restarting our Medieval Remix Challenge – due to communications issues we did not reach the community artists we wanted and as a result, the challenge never took off.
Last fall we co-hosted the Medieval Fantasy contest with Mozilla, focusing on the creation of low poly assets for a medieval real-time environment. It was one of our most successful contests to date, with 135 final scenes and a whopping 4,000 freely downloadable assets!
For the next two weeks, we’d like to see what YOU can do with the huge library of free models. So here’s your task: create a new scene using only assets from the Medieval Fantasy challenge. There are no restrictions on the type of scene, but you’re not allowed to create any new assets or modify the existing ones.
UPDATE: Winner – Issum, the town on Capital Isle by Olee
TL;DR: Create a new scene using only assets from the Medieval Fantasy contest and tag it with #MedievalRemixChallenge.
A note about the Creative Commons license
As all the contest assets were published under the Creative Commons Attribution license (“CC-BY”) license, you need to re-share your remixed model under the same conditions. This means two things:
Make your scene available under the Creative Commons Attribution license.
Keep a list of all the assets you used for your scene, and credit them using the following format (I added some Markdown to create a nice layout):
This scene includes the following models, which were published under a Creative Commons Attribution license: * [model name 1](model URL) by [artist name 1](artist profile URL) * [model name 2](model URL) by [artist name 2](artist profile URL) * etc
- Create a new scene using ONLY assets from the Medieval Fantasy challenge.
- Make no changes to geometry, textures or materials.
- Tag your final entry with #MedievalRemixChallenge.
- Provide the required artist credits (see above), and make your scene available under the Creative
- Commons Attribution license.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge topic in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 11 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Rik van den Biggelaar, Phil Gosh and Kevin Cayuela Borg Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #MedievalRemixChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 15.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.