We are pleased to announce that Spatial, an immersive social platform for creatives, educators, and builders, now offers direct import of models from Sketchfab.
Spatial gives its community the opportunity to create unique, personalized virtual spaces that can be used to host events like exhibitions, live concerts, film screenings, scavenger hunts, community meetups, and more. With the new Sketchfab integration, Spatians (Spatial community members) can customize their spaces by importing any of the nearly 1 million free Creative Commons-licensed assets in Sketchfab’s library.
The platform is available on desktop, mobile, and VR (iOS 13 or later, Android 9, and the Meta Quest 2). You can set up an account by connecting to your email and customizing your avatar however you’d like.
How to import models into Spatial.io from Sketchfab
- From within your Spatial space, click the blue ‘+’ button at the bottom center of the screen.
- Select the Sketchfab tab from the search popup. Note that the first time you click this tab, you will be prompted to log in to your Sketchfab account.
- Enter your search criteria.
- Select the model that you wish to add to your scene, place it in the scene, and adjust its position, rotation, and scale using the panel on the right.
- Explore and interact within the space with others.
To see all apps that offer direct import from Sketchfab, check out our Importers page.