- Archaeological Park of Baratti and Populonia
- Porcareccia Necropolis
- Tomba degli Aryballoi (Aryballoi Tomb)
- End of 7th BCE
- Governmental excavations, 1933
- Dimensions: diameter 7 m
The Aryballoi Tomb is a ‘high tumulus’ chamber tomb, with rectangular plan and walls composed of rows of uneven sandstone slabs. It is otherwise known as Tomb “of the propped-up door” due to the presence in situ of a big stone block used to prop up the large slab - also in situ -functioning as a door. The cell consists of a narrow lateral aisle and a big funerary recess filling the whole space of the chamber. Most of the grave goods have ended up in the Gasparri collection, but the inventory of artifacts made by Minto at the moment of the tomb’s discovery records a few jewellery items that are not included in the collection.