Loading 3D model
Hull Castle c.1642
This view of Kingston upon Hull initially began as a model of King Henry VIII’s castle but expanded into a wider interpretation of the city inspired by Hollar’s map of c.1642.
King Henry VIII’s “Hull Castle” was built c.1541 as an artillery castle. The central castle structure is attached to two trefoil-shaped blockhouses with curtain walls that span alongside the east bank of the River Hull. The most southern blockhouse, situated where the River Hull and Humber meet, was later incorporated into what became known as The Citadel in c.1680. What remained of Hull Castle was demolished in 1863.
Personal project created using polygon modelling in Blender.