We are pleased to announce that Effect House, TikTok’s effect development platform that allows people to create augmented reality (AR) effects for TikTok, now offers native search and import of Sketchfab models on the platform.
Effect House allows designers to use templates and a node editor to easily create AR effects. These effects can then be published and shared to TikTok’s global community. The platform’s Asset Library, which now includes nearly a million free Creative Commons-licensed 3D models from Sketchfab, expands designers’ opportunities for creative expression. Effect House also automatically adds Creative Commons attribution to published effects; TikTok users can see the model attribution in the effect’s information pop-up.
Effect House is currently available for macOS 10.15+ running on Intel or M1 processors. It will become available for Windows users soon.
How to import a model into Effect House from Sketchfab
- Start a new project or open an existing project in Effect House.
- Click the Asset Library icon at the top left corner of the window.
- Search for and select a model to use. The first time you download a model, your web browser will open and you will be prompted to sign in to your Sketchfab account or create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Once logged in and back in Effect House, select “Import” or “Cancel” in the pop-up that appears.
Note: Models with a triangle count of over 100,000 cannot be imported into Effect House and will trigger an error message.
- To leave the Asset Library and return to Effect House’s creation interface, click the X at the upper left corner of the Asset Library window.
To see all apps that offer direct import from Sketchfab, check out our Importers page.